Slatterys Privacy Statement
Effective Date: Friday 25 March 2018
- Any reference to “Slatts Group”, “Slatterys”, “we”, “us” and “our” includes a reference to Slatts Group Pty Ltd. Slatts Group is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
- The Slatts Group company that owns or administers the Service, as identified therein, is the primary controller of your personal information provided to, or collected by or for, the Service.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways: (1) from your input through our web forms, badge scanners, app forms and other mechanisms, (2) from third-party sources, and (3) through automated technologies.
Your Consent to Data
When we collect your personal information to Slatts Group using the aforementioned methods, your conduct of submitting your personal information constitutes an implicit and valid expression of your consent. This means that you are consenting to the collection, use and dissemination of your data for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to withdraw your consent to your data being provided to Slatts Group, you may do so by emailing email@example.com to give notice that you no longer consent to our proper use of your data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We will respond to you as soon as we can and have all your data erased on all of our platforms, as well as those that can be accessed by third parties.
Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number;
- Other account or event registration and profile information, such as educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, and photo;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number; AND
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share with our exhibitors, visitors, partners and others.
Data From Other Sources
We may also obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; AND/OR
- Publicly available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the existing information we hold.
Data From Service Use
Slatts Group collects non-personal Information automatically on website visits by users including, without limitation. The data may include visited sections of the website how often, and for how long, type of computer, device, connection information, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, as well as unique device identifiers and other technical identifiers. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information, and may be shared with Slatts Group partners to provide them with information relating to how Slatts Group visitors ‘use’ our websites. This is done for the purpose of providing you with the best user experience on our websites.
Slatts Group’s web servers gather your Internet Protocol (IP) address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, and to monitor the use and analytics of our website, including gathering information and data on the location of our users.
In addition to the above, where users access the Slatts Group mobile applications (“Slatterys” and “AgileAus18” app) we use third party software development kits (Attendify – KitApps, Inc) and services which collect non-Personal Information relating to your use of the Slatts Group Apps, including tracking of app installs and re-engagement. If you want to opt-out from the collection and usage of information please email us using the contact details at the end of the document. However, the information collected may continue to be used by Slatts Group for, amongst other purposes estimation of user numbers, advertising fraud detection and debugging.
In order to better understand our users, Slatts Groups uses tracking links/codes to collect the following information on the usage of our websites:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the websites;
- The number of unique visitors to the websites;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the websites when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into the websites.
This aggregated, non-personal information is collated and provided to Slatts Group to assist in analysing the usage of the websites.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how users interact with us and the Service, we use our users’ personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfill a request, order, download or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer users customised content and other personalisation to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to user requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify users about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service and user interests;
- Provide users with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services belonging to us and our affiliates, as well as our associated third parties, including but not limited to exhibitors, sponsors and media partners;
- Invite users to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis for purposes including but not limited to research, auditing, reporting and other business operations, such as determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes.
Your Communications to and from Slatts Groups
Slatts Group may also provide you with selected information about events topics in email communications including through our email newsletter ‘Slatterys Watch’. From time to time, Slatts Group may also contact you by telephone to request feedback or updates to your information or inform you of upcoming opportunities that may interest you. Slatts Group may also make Registered Users aware of additional services which form part of your relationship with Slatts Group. Registered Users may ‘opt-out’ of receiving emails from Slatts Group by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the footer of an email received or by contacting us with a request to unsubscribe.
Any Personal Information collected through telephone communications with Slatts Group is used and stored in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates made to the Service whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Slatts Group takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Slatts Group’s third party affiliates such as, but not limited to, etouches inc. – “etouches” or The Rocket Science Group LLC – “Mailchimp” allow you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. Any personal information which we hold on your behalf is stored on secure servers, either in Australia or overseas (including the United States of America). These servers are protected in controlled facilities. In addition, Slatts Group’s employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality and privacy of any personal information held by Slatts Group.
Except in the case of breaches of our obligations under the Privacy Act to protect your Personal Information, Slatts Group will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your Personal Information. In the event of a data breach, Slatts Group is committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws and, where required, the provisions of the GDPR.
You can also play an important role in keeping your Personal Information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Site. Please notify us immediately if you believe there has been any unauthorised use of your account by another Internet user, or if you are aware of any other breach of security relating to your account.
Access to Your Information
Unless you become a Registered User of Etouches or Mailchimp, we do not collect information that identifies you personally (such as, but not limited to: first name, last name, email address). If you become a Registered User, you are able to change or update your Profile at any time by logging into the ‘profile/registration’ function of the aforementioned third party services. In addition, any user is able to, at any time, request a copy of their personal data. This copy will be provided free of charge in an electronic format. Users can, at any time, request that we delete any of their personal information that is held by us.
You have the right to:
- access, correct or request the deletion of your personal information;
- restrict our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing methods; and
- request and reuse your personal information for their your own purposes across different Services.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact details provided at the end of the document. We will respond to your request in a manner consistent with the applicable legislative requirements . To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
Your personal information is retained for purposes including but not limited to: processing and handling any transactions or actions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
You have the right to ask us to erase your data once we have provided the Service. This right will apply to your personal information in our records, as well as the third parties who have obtained your personal information as a result of our processing of your data.
Slatts Group will ensure that the databases, programs and mechanisms through which we collect, use and disseminate your personal information are at a secure standard to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. This includes, but is not limited to, only using third party platforms that are recognised as safe and also comply with the standards of the GDPR.
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, then in addition to what is set out above, you have the right to:
- update or rectify any of the Personal Data that we hold about you in the manner described in the “Access to Your Information” paragraph above.
- withdraw your consent to Slatts Group’s use of your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement by deleting your account. This will also delete all the Personal Data about you which we hold.
- request that Slatts Group
- provide you with a copy of the Personal Data that Slatts Group holds about you in a portable and machine readable form; or
- share your Personal Data with a nominated third party;
You may request the above from us by contacting Slatts Group using any of the methods set out in the “”Contact Us” paragraph below.
Slatts Group Pty Ltd
Level 4, 103 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
+61 3 9663 3093
Level 4, 103 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Level 3, 21 Mary Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010