Cue The Tech23 Deeptech Festival 2020 – a smorgasbord of online, distributed and face-to-face events designed to create opportunities to connect, collaborate and give Australian innovation it’s worthy place in the domestic market – and on the world stage!
The Tech23 Deeptech Festival 2020 shone a light on the founders and companies that are taking on big challenges we face in healthcare, enterprise, agriculture, our physical, natural and digital environments, renewables and aerospace.
We are thrilled to introduce the Tech23 in 2020! You can find out more about them at tech23.com.au/2020/
Bondi Bio and Sea Forest shared their synthetic biology solution and seaweed innovation respectively to revolutionise decarbonisation, while Contactile, Headspace, Kinobionic and Laronix painted a picture of better healthcare and diagnostics. Diffuse Energy is changing the face of future energy with small wind turbine technology and Vector AI is using machine learning to map data in multidimensional spaces.
2020’s Tech23 are also breaking new ground in agtech with Ripe Robotics offering robotic fruit pickers and Bioscout who are using AI to track airborne diseases on farms.
For 12 years, Tech23 has celebrated and amplified the impact of Australia’s deeptech gamechangers. Tech23 takes pride in signposting our nation’s capabilities, amplifying global connections for emerging companies and joining the dots between enterprise and homegrown deeptech.
The Tech23 Deeptech Festival 2020 had opportunities ranging from the ongoing Tech23 Impact Circles – virtual events exploring the big opportunities we have to create new industries, smarter solutions, and a better world; Tech23 MATTER Investor Briefings – for investors wanting to build up their deeptech portfolios and the Tech23 Long Lunch (10 December 2020) – a sumptuous celebration of the 23 deeptech gamechangers at the ivy Ballroom Sydney, that featured a keynote address from futurist Mike Walsh.
The Tech23 Deeptech Festival 2020 was kindly sponsored by AusIndustry, UNSW, Main Sequence Ventures with CSIRO, NSW Government, Macquarie University, Addisons, ANSTO and Cicada Innovations.
The Tech23 companies for 2020!
- Additive Assurance Quality assurance for additive manufacturing
- AMLab The best operator, all the time
- BioScout Automating airborne disease tracking
- Bitwise AG Automated crop analysis, giving operational insight
- Black Box Co Using data meeting tomorrow’s challenges today
- Bondi Bio High-value products from light, CO2 & water
- Castlepoint Systems Command and control over all information
- Contactile Giving robots a sense of touch
- CyAmast Unprecedented visibility and protection at scale
- Diffuse Energy Wind energy for 100% renewable microgrids
- Esper Satellite Imagery Making industries efficient, on earth, from space
- Green KPI Green, Lean and Seen with GreenKPI
- Headsafe A brain scanner in a briefcase
- Kinobionic Bionic wearables that move you
- Laronix Regain your true voice
- Mullion Group Unlocking capital for nature-based solutions
- PHORIA Extending human experiences through XR technology
- Presien The standard for industrial artificial intelligence
- Ripe Robotics Automated fruit harvesting
- Sea Forest Seaweed to fight climate change
- Sicona Battery Technologies Developing cost effective high performance battery materials
- Tide Foundation Cure for the privacy breach pandemic
- Vector AI Making semantic AI search and recommendation simple
Since 2009, Tech23 has unlocked new ways of working by joining the dots between enterprise and clever tech. Tech23 seeks to call on the best sides of our natures – encouraging the deeptech ecosystem to collaborate; learn and respond – leveraging a wealth of talents, contacts and knowledge.
If our story is to be green, if it is to be sustainable, if it is to be equitable - we need game-changing tech companies. We need the research, the organisations that create and nurture these companies, the founders who lead them, the supporters that invest in them...
We hope that you are managing to navigate this topsy-turvy world. TeamSlatts is working as hard as we can to be on the front foot and adapt as best we can to the changes happening around us. Our focus at present in regards to our events is to minimise risk, protect...